What is GDPR?
- GDPR regulation lays down the rules relating to the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and rules relating to the free movement of personal data.
- It aims to protect fundamental rights and freedoms of natural persons and in particular their right to the protection of personal data.
- The free movement of personal data within the Union shall be neither restricted nor prohibited for reasons connected with the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data.
Applicability of GDPR
This Regulation does not apply to the processing of personal data:
- In the course of an activity which falls outside the scope of Union law
- By a natural person in the course of a purely personal or household activity
- By competent authorities for the purposes of the prevention, investigation, detection or prosecution of criminal offences or the execution of criminal penalties, including the safeguarding against and the prevention of threats to public security.
Understanding GDPR for your Organisation
Introduction GDPR is an iteration of the existing data protection law defined and enforced by the EU. The sole purpose…
Adopting GDPR compliance
GDPR compliance can be achieved in multiple stages:
Best practices for GDPR compliance
Phase 1: Stakeholders should be engaged to ensure organisational readiness. Prepare having grips with Data Privacy Life…
Organisational Readiness for GDPR
In the previous blog: https://qr.ae/pN45EW we discussed about the best practices of GDPR. In this section we will cover…
GDPR Compliant Operational Behaviour
In the previous blog: https://qr.ae/pNuFeF We discussed the organisational readiness for GDPR, where we tackled the…
Privacy Management under GDPR
Privacy Management for GDPR
A Privacy Management Programme is not directly required under the GDPR, but it is to simplify and streamline the…
Data Management forGDPR
Data Management for GDPR Compliance
Managing data subject requests Organisations need to consider all aspects of their personal data processing activities…
Data Privacy Impact Assessment